- Anyone, anytime, anywhere.
- No appointment needed.
- $35 cost; no hidden fees.
OSF OnCall provides around-the-clock health care through your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Don't have a video-capable device? Simply call (844) 673-1673 to be diagnosed and treated.
What We Treat
Use OSF OnCall to treat minor illnesses and injuries.
Board-certified doctors and nurse practitioners are ready to diagnose and treat patients of all ages.
Patients are typically seen by a provider within 30 minutes.
Save the hassle and expense of a trip to the doctor's office. With just a few clicks, you can get care now and get back to your life.
How It Works
What We Treat
OSF OnCall can treat a variety of minor illnesses*. Our most common conditions include:
- Athlete's Foot
- Back Pain
- Bladder Infection
- Ear Pain**
- Eye Issues
- Insect Bites
- Pink Eye
- Scrapes and Bruises
- Sinus Symptoms
- Sore Throat
- Stomach Flu
- Urinary Tract Infection in Adult Women
- Yeast Infection
- and much more...
*Our providers will always assess your condition individually and based on your unique circumstances including the severity of the illness, may need to refer you for in-person care for proper diagnosis and treatment.
**Inner ear infections may be referred to in-person care for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for OSF OnCall?
Patients of all ages, within the state of Illinois.
- Can I use OSF OnCall instead of going to my family doctor?
Online visits should not replace a relationship with a primary care provider (PCP). If you don't have a PCP, we can help you find one.
- Can OSF OnCall prescribe medication?
Commonly prescribed medications include:
- Allergy Medications
- Anti-nausea medications
- Skin creams or ointments
- Antibiotics, if indicated*
OSF OnCall care providers will not prescribe or refill controlled medications such as:
- Narcotics (i.e. Oxycodone, Vicodin, Percocet, Codeine)
- Anti-anxiety medications (i.e. Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin)
- Stimulants (i.e, Adderall, Ritalin)
- Can I use OSF OnCall for follow-up care questions or prescription refills?
OSF OnCall is intended for minor illnesses only. It is not intended to deliver continuity care nor should it be used for prescription refills.
If you need a prescription refill, we recommend you speak with your regular provider.
Short-term prescription refills for indicated conditions may be issued in select cases within the provider's discretion.
- What are the technical requirements for using OSF OnCall?
OSF OnCall is available through the mobile app or using a web browser on a computer.
- To access care on a mobile device, visit the iTunes or Google Play stores and search for “OSF OnCall." Download the app and follow the prompts to log in or create a new account.
- To access care from a computer, visit the OSF OnCall website and follow the prompts to log in or create an account and start a new visit.
If you are unable to access the website or experience technical difficulties, call our Network Operations Center team on (844) 673-1673.
- What is video chat?
Video chat provides a secure way to access online urgent care through the OSF OnCall mobile app or website using the webcam on your computer.
- How can I access video chat?
Video chat can be accessed from:
- Windows or Mac computers (Video chat is not supported on iOS devices and Windows phones; these users will have to use Skype or FaceTime).
- Android smartphones
- Chrome 28 or higher
- Firefox 23 or higher
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher. (To use video chat with Internet Explorer, you will be instructed to install a plug-in on first use.
- Is my information secure?
OSF OnCall maintains the privacy and security of your personal information following industry standards.
OSF OnCall collects only the patient information absolutely required in order to deliver our service effectively. Your personal information and visit details are confidential and are protected in a secure manner.
Transmitted information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Your login credentials are securely collected and stored following industry standards for preventing others from determining your unique credentials
- Does the price vary depending on the treatment?
No; OSF OnCall visits are always $35. There are no hidden fees or added charges.
Upon conclusion of your visit, the provider may refer you to in person care for proper diagnosis and treatment of your condition.
If the provider decides your condition is not appropriate for an OSF OnCall visit and directs you to seek in-person care, you will not be charged for the OSF OnCall visit.
Your fee will be refunded and it typically takes 3-5 days for the pending charge to drop from your account based on the financial institution.
If you feel you were charged in error, please call and our team will review your situation to determine if a refund is appropriate.
- Can I use OSF OnCall when I'm traveling?
OSF OnCall is available to residents and travelers in Illinois. It is not available when you travel out of state.
- Can I make an appointment for OSF OnCall?
OSF OnCall is on-demand - there are no appointments. As soon as you request a visit, we arrange a visit with the next available provider.
You will typically be contacted within 30 minutes, and, once contacted, the wait time is usually less than 15 minutes.
- Can I pre-register an account with OSF OnCall?
Create an account with OSF OnCall before you use the service so the next time you're feeling under the weather, you have quicker access to the care you need.
- I am an international resident. Can I use this service?
If you are visiting from overseas and you are currently physically located in Illinois, you may use this service.
Please call our Network Operations Center team on (844) 673-1673 to start your visit.
- Will my doctor receive my visit record?
If you are an established patient of OSF HealthCare, your OSF OnCall visit will be added to your medical record.
If you are not an OSF patient, you will be asked if you want a copy of your after-visit summary be shared with your primary care provider. If you wish to share it with your PCP, you can provide their email or fax number or upload your summary to your online patient medical record.
- Will insurance cover my visit?
While we cannot accept insurance for OSF OnCall visits, you may request an invoice to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. (OSF OnCall cannot guarantee reimbursement).
You may also check with your insurance to determine whether your visit fee can be applied to your deductible.
Can I use a Health Savings Account to pay for OSF OnCall?
Typically, the online visit fee is a qualified expense for a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
If you choose to pay by this method, please note that the card must have a Visa or Mastercard logo. Please check with your insurance plan for reimbursement of the visit fee.
- How do I submit my bill to my insurance company?
Most insurance companies have medical reimbursement or medical claim forms available on their websites.
Claims processes differ among insurers, so please contact your insurance company's claims department directly.
Is this a Medical Emergency?
If at any point your symptoms worsen or you feel like you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Looking for Previous Visit Information?
If you are looking for visit summaries and receipts for care provided prior to April 24, 2019, please click here.